Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Vaughter Wellness is out of the lufenuron business

Sara Vaughter has stopped selling lufenuron, supposedly because she can no longer get it with sufficient purity. She also seems to have changed her tune on its effectiveness. (However, my belief that it is effective does not rest solely on her claim.) I suspect that she just no longer wants to deal with the hassle of selling it and advising people how to use it, and wants to undermine her former competitors' business because they stole her business. But motives are notoriously difficult to ascertain, so I might be wrong.

On August 3rd, 2011, she made the following post to her forum:

Nothing can help with Candida in the gut - except "medical" antifungal medicines.

Candida on the skin can be treated with a wide variety of cheap substances such as essential oils (oil of oregano etc.)

Candida in the mucous membranes of the mouth can be treated with Cinnamon (but don't overdo it, as it is carcinogenic).

Nearly all chronic Candida is mycelial. Only thrush is yeast.

99.99% of the myriads of expensive anti-Candida products are useless. [end of post]

Note that it says nothing about lufenuron. I don't know what to make of it. I did a little research into cinnamon, and there does seems to be something to it.

I will report the result of my attempt to cure an apparent candida sinus infection with lufenuron, although it will hardly qualify as medical research, mainly because I'm not certain that the infection is candida, although it's the only thing that makes sense to me now.